Creating Our Future Together
The purpose of Texas Hydraulics is to serve our 3 stakeholders – our customers, our investors and our employees. At the heart of our culture are our principles and values. Texas Hydraulics wants to create a work environment that enables you to achieve your career goals!
- Trust is Paramount
- We deliver on our commitments
- We are transparent
- Win as a Team
- With the highest integrity
- While Embracing diversity with inclusion
- Drive for Excellence
- Reach for greatness in everything we do
- Continuous improvement is a way of life
From comprehensive insurance to vacation, Texas Hydraulics offers an extensive and flexible benefits package. Here is a summary of our key programs for full time employees.
Medical & Vision – Each division of Texas Hydraulics offers a 2 PPO and 1 CDHP type of health plan. Each plan provides a wide variety of coverage for employees and their dependents. For eligible new employees and their dependents, coverage is available first of the month following 30 days of employment.
Dental – Each division of Texas Hydraulics offers employees and eligible dependents dental benefits. These include usual, customary and reasonable charges for oral evaluations, cleanings, fillings, root canals, and other dental services.
Prescriptions – Texas Hydraulics medical plans have prescription coverage. Co-pays vary with each plan.
Life – Texas Hydraulics provides no-cost life insurance to all employees. Coverage begins first of the month following 30 days of employment. Additional life insurance may be purchased for the employee, spouse or dependents.
Disability – Benefits are also available due to disability from accident, illness or pregnancy.
Paid Time Off
Vacations – Texas Hydraulics has a paid vacation policy that is based on years of service. Ten (five for hourly employees) days are available after one full year of service and as many as 20 days after 20 years of service.
Holidays – All employees enjoy 9 paid holidays each year – New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Day and a Christmas floater.
Sick Leave – After the first year of service, hourly employees are eligible for 1 day of paid sick time. After the second year of service, hourly employees are eligible for 2 days of paid sick time.
All Texas Hydraulics employees are participants in the company performance bonus program. The program is designed to reward earnings growth and high return on investment.
Upon employment, employees are eligible to join a Retirement Savings Plan. Employees contribute to the plan through payroll deductions.
Texas Hydraulics’ headquarters and 2 manufacturing facilities are located in Temple, Texas. Temple, the Wildflower Capital of Texas, is centrally located between Austin and Dallas and has a population of approximately 72,000. The town has a hometown feeling characterized by pleasant neighbors and friendly families. Temple’s major industry is medicine with one of the largest multi-specialty group practices in the United States – Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Clinic.
For entertainment, Temple offers a variety of choices. Local actors and actresses present live theatre on the stage at the Temple Civic Theatre. The Temple Parks and Leisure Services Department provides a full schedule of sports, entertainment and community programs for preschoolers through senior citizens. Salado, located south of Temple, holds its annual art fair in August that draws visitors and artists from across the Southwest for one of the finest events of its kind. In the fall, Friday nights are reserved for Temple Wildcat high school football, a Temple tradition!
Temple offers a variety of education. The Temple Independent School district prepares school aged children for graduation as well as future successes. Higher education is available locally at Temple College, the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor or the University of Central Texas.
Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer creates, or finds and evaluates, better and more efficient ways to manufacture our products, which involves techniques, processes, and procedures. Regardless of the area of responsibility or department the Manufacturing Engineer’s main goal is the same: continuous improvement of product quality through leaner concepts and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Operate in a safe and efficient manner while adhering to Texas Hydraulics’ ISO 9001 Quality Management System and ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
* Assist in driving safety improvements throughout the facility through use of accident investigations, root cause analysis, and engineering safety into the processes wherever possible
* Provide day-to-day process support to manufacturing floor in area of responsibility. Assist as needed with prototype checks, production builds, equipment maintenance, and product or process troubleshooting
* Evaluate prototype cylinder designs for manufacturability, identifying any special tooling or fixturing required to produce the product
* Evaluate current processes against customer specifications and advise on any gaps to the specification, solutions to the gaps, and timeline for the solutions
Education / Training / Experience
* Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from a four-year college or university is preferred
* 2+ years related manufacturing engineering experience
* MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio
* Computer Aided Design – AutoCAD or ProE preferred
* Ability to make sound business decisions based on limited information
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Understanding of basic Lean tools (5S, VSM, process flow, spaghetti diagrams)
Req. Number: 16019
Date Posted: 4/1/2016